Thursday 18 July 2024

Unexciting progress

Again, I find myself a month after my last blog update with not a whole lot to really write about. Don't get me wrong, we've had pockets of progress but not exactly the stuff that makes good reading (not that I'm convinced any of my previous content does).

The tilers worked away for about 10 days on the upstairs bathrooms and balcony tiling and finished working up their around the 28th of June. From their, they tidied up, moved their stuff downstairs and then set about cleaning up the ground floor slab ready for pouring of a screed to all areas where the ground floor main tiling is occuring, as well as the laundry, guest ensuite and powder. 

On 1st of July they returned to pour the screed, taking two to three days to screen all the areas to be tiled. A necessary step toward completion but not exactly a shout from the rafters update. Perahps something a little more tangible in terms of progress came about 10 days later when they poured our garage floor grano and then another two days later again when they returned to pour the grano for the alfresco and my pool equipment room.

On Tuesday this week we saw the first load of our kitchen and laundry cabintry dropped off on site. Nothing was installed, they literally dropped it off and then left again. According to our fortnightly update, they should be back toward the end of the week to start installation. What the update didn't say is that the painters would be returning to apply the first two coats to the inside downstairs. On my usual cruise past the block on my way to work this morning, I found the painters on site cracking in. A pleasant surprise to be sure.

So that's it, this update is literally about watching concrete and paint dry. Unexciting, but progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heading toward PCI

Wow, it's been over a month since my last update but this time that's not due to a lack of activity at the build, I've just not ...